It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Edmonds Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work-get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new establishments to explore.
- Where/When: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at various locations throughout Edmonds. For a map with participating galleries visit http://www.edmondsartstudiotour.com/EAST_map_2011_forWeb.pdf
- Why Go: This free, self-guided tour is a once-a-year opportunity to visit 21 private studios displaying the work of 42 local artists in Edmonds. You can purchase finished work, see new art being created or just visit and ask questions.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 10 a.m.-11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. on Sunday at the
Puyallup Fair Grounds.
- Why Go: The Puyallup Fair is back! So grab your friends and family and head to Puyallup for all the attractions you'd expect plus a few extras. Activities and entertainment include animal shows, 4-H and FFA students competing, grange displays, home arts cooking contests and quilts, the International Photo Exhibition that draws entries from all corners of the globe, Hobby Hall, floral designs, and rides, including the new thrill ride, Vertigo.
- Cost: Admission ranges from $9 to $11. Kids under 5 are free.
- Where/When: 9:30-10:30 a.m. Saturday at GYMagine Gymnastics in Mukilteo.
- Why Go: Join the gymnastics teams from the Edmonds area as they join forces with other gymnastic clubs across the nation to to break the world record for most handstands held simultaneously. The event is open to everyone, so start practicing those hand stands now!
- Cost: A minimum donation of $5 per participant is suggested. All proceeds benefit the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- Where/When: 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday at .
- Why Go: Enjoy abundant color during fall and winter with bulbs, perennials, shrubs and trees. Discover how to choose plants that will thrive with your garden’s sun, shade and soil. Learn tips for giving them a good start. Join Savvy Gardener Peggy Campbell as she reveals how.
- Cost: Free. No registration required.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. Sunday at a sports bar near you.
- Why Go: Root on the hawks this Sunday morning as they take on everyone's favorite team to hate, the Pittsburgh Steelers! Both teams are coming off season opener losses and will be looking to bounce back strong. Just about every bar or restaurant in the area should be showing the game, but if you're looking to stay local , and would all be great choices. Go Seahawks!
- Cost: No cover.