It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll be doing for the weekend?
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new hot spots to explore.
- Where/When: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 12 at .
- Why Go: This is a unique take on the old-fashioned garage sale. The deadline for registration has closed, but you can still stop by to claim your treasure.
- Pricing: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 12 at .
- Why Go: Join the award-winning watercolorist Sherri Bails for this free seminar at Morso. You''ll learn the qualities of a strong watercolor painting highlighting design and some great painting techniques.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 13 at .
- Why Go: Learn how to put a new twist on some of the classics like mac 'n' cheese, fried chicken and tomato soup. A family-style dinner and wine pairings are included with this hands-on class. If you can't make it to this event, be sure to check out the .
- Pricing: $70
- Where/When: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 12 at Headquarters at 10222 Bujacich Rd. NW.
- Why Go: Stop by to get free health screening for you and your kids. The annual event will be offering free check ups including cholesterol, women's clinical breast exams, colon cancer, oral health and vision.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: 1 p.m. on Sunday, March 13 at .
- Why Go: Walk or run from Chapel Hill to and back. The 8th annual event will raise money to help refugees of Burma. There will be prizes for first, second and third place winners. Bring your entire family for a good cause.
- Pricing: $10 includes lunch
Still want more? Check out our family-friendly refreshed every Wednesday.