The following are selected reports from the
Kirkland Police Department for the period of July 27 to Aug. 1. The reports do not indicate a conviction.
- An unknown thief stole a wallet out of the purse of an 81-year-old Redmond woman while she was at the downtown shortly after 3 p.m. She lost credit cards, debit cards, an undisclosed amount of cash, her Medicare card, library card, grocery store card and driver’s license. The purse was stolen as well, but found later with the wallet missing. No suspects were identified. At least during the winter of 2010-11.
- A 44-year-old woman was pushed to the ground and grabbed by the arm and neck by her 53-year-old ex-boyfriend who showed up at the Yarrow Bay area residence of another man where the woman was staying, angry she was staying with the 41-year-old man. She suffered minor injuries. Police contacted the suspect by phone, but he refused to meet with them, and when they showed up at his Finn Hill home, there was no answer.
- Sometime over the previous month a storage locker was broken into at an 8th Avenue apartment building near downtown, and two sets of golf clubs and two pairs of sis were stolen. The victim was a 31-year-old man.
- After smashing open a glass fire extinguisher case and using the extinguisher to smash the outside door of an apartment complex resident on NE 131st Place in the Totem Lake area, a 23-year-old Seattle woman was cited for malicious mischief. The incident, just after 5 a.m., was reported by a 22-year-old man who lives in the apartment. The woman was told not to return to the complex or face trespass charges.
- A mixed up 54-year-old man who lives in Kirkland’s Lakeview area walked into the home of two women he did not know on Finn Hill’s Holmes Point Drive at about 5 in the morning, apparently carrying a guitar, amplifier and backpack. When the man walked upstairs and into the bedroom of one of the residents, a 28-year-old woman, she told him to leave. He walked back downstairs and laid down on the couch. When police arrived the man told them he was just in the wrong house, and they arrested him for criminal trespass. The other resident as a 59-year-old woman.
- Police arrested on felony harassment charge a 37-year-old Kingsgate resident who pulled out a knife and threatened to “gut” and kill a 30-year-old man, a fellow tenant in an apartment complex on 124th Avenue NE. The incident occurred at about 7 p.m. and was witnessed by two other residents of the complex.
- An unidentified man exposed himself to a 22-year-old Kenmore woman, apparently as she drove in the 12400 block of Totem Lake Boulevard NE at about 1:30 in the afternoon.
- A 19-year-old Issaquah man was arrested for being a minor and consuming alcohol after police say he ran out in front of traffic several times at about 11 p.m. in the 14300 block of 124th Avenue NE in Kingsgate. His blood alcohol level tested at .138, well over the .08 legal limit for driving.
- Sometime between July 25 and Aug. 1 a license plate was stolen from a boat trailer parked along Holmes Point Drive in the Finn Hill area, the 54-year-old male owner told police.
- A key was used to scratch the paint on both sides of a Toyota Camry parked at a residence on Rose Hill’s 126th NE, causing about $2,000 damage. It happened sometime overnight, and the owner, a 33-year-old Renton woman, told police she had no idea who might have done the damage.
Kirkland Police Department contact information:
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency: 425-577-5656.