It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Mercer Island Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: 7-10 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 10 at .
- Why Go: All Mercer Island Middle School students (6th through 8th Grade) are invited to the PEAK for a night of fun, dancing, and great music at the Red & White Dance this Friday. Don't forget to wear your red and white!
- Cost: $5-$10.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at the .
- Why Go: This weekend is your last chance to catch Hairspray at the Youth Theatre. Check out this
promo video and go see the show before it's too late.
- Cost: $15 for adults and $13 for youth/seniors.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 11 at .
- Why Go: Join the Rainier Symphony this Saturday for a night of fantastic classical music as they perform their second classical concert of the 2011-2012 season. These talented musicians put on a great show, but don't take my word for it, check out this Youtube clip of the Rainier Symphony in action and see for yourself. If you can't make it to the concert on Saturday, be sure to check out their repeat performance on Sunday at the Foster Performing Arts Center in Tukwila beginning at 3 p.m.
- Cost: $15 for adults, $10 for seniors and students, kids under 12 get in free.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the .
- Why Go: Just in time for Valentine's Day! INDULGE, an annual boutique jewelry event, for avant-garde jewelry comes the the Bellevue Arts Museum this weekend. The event features contemporary collections by 20 independent designers and leading art jewelry galleries.
- Cost: $14 for marketplace and BAM admission; $10 for marketplace only.
- Where/When: 12-4 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 12 at the .
- Why Go: If you're looking to make your own Valentine's Day gift this year, the Mercer Island Visual Arts League has you covered with this free Valentine's Day Workshop. You'll paint on small white porcelain gift boxes or 3" heart magnets with special oil based paint pens. No experience necessary.
- Cost: Free. 4 to 6 spaces available each hour and while supplies last.
And still you want more? Check out our family-friendly refreshed every Wednesday.