A 46-year-old man was taken into custody June 11 for allegedly stealing two garbage cans from , 7631 W. Layton Ave., and two brass lobster claw door handles from , 4645 S. 76th St.
The property was recovered at scrap yard in Milwaukee.
Property from the Pass It On Club, 6229 W. Forest Home Ave., was also recovered.
The following are more incidents reported in the department's police log from June 6-11:
- A 14-year-old girl was taken into custody for alleged obstructing police during a traffic stop at 27th Street and West Layton Avenue at 9:30 p.m. June 6.
- A 1994 Honda Accord was stolen from the 9000 block of West Howard Avenue. The theft was reported at 5 a.m. June 7. The car was later found in Milwaukee.
- A 35-year-old man was taken into custody for allegedly stealing six CDs from , 4610 S. 76th St., at 4:45 p.m. June 6.
- Two chairs were stolen from a residence in the 6000 block of West Woodview Court during the night of June 6. One of the residents told police that the theft occurred while he was sleeping that evening. When he woke up, the door was wide open and the chairs were missing from the kitchen.
- A 37-year-old man was taken into custody for alleged disorderly conduct in the 3700 block of West Loomis Avenue at 6:15 p.m. June 7. According to police, the man was involved in an altercation with his girlfriend.
- A vehicle was damaged when two teenage boys threw a rock over the bridge at the Interstate overpass at South 124th Street at 5:30 a.m. June 9.
- A 52-year-old was cited for negligent handling of burning material after she called the fire department in the 8300 block of West Howard Avenue at 10:15 a.m. June 10.
- A 31-year-old man was taken into custody for alleged operating a vehicle while intoxicated during a traffic stop at the corner of West Loomis Road and West Layton Avenue at 11 a.m. June 10.
- A purse was taken from a vehicle in the parking lot of the , 11311 W. Howard Ave., at 11:45 a.m. June 10. The vehicle's window was smashed.
- A purse was taken from a vehicle in the 4400 block of South 108th Street at 2 p.m. June 10.
- A 20-year-old woman was taken into custody for allegedly obstructing police and underage drinking after an employee at , 5100 S. 76th St., informed police that she possibly used fake identification at the establishment.
- A 23-year-old man was taken into custody for allegedly obstructing police after he supposedly told police his vehicle was stolen from Mad Dog Saloon, 4395 S. 76th St., at 2 a.m. June 11. The man's vehicle was found crashed on the 76th Street interstate ramp.
- A 22-year-old man was taken into custody for allegedly fighting at , 7510 W. Layton Ave., at 2:30 a.m. June 11. The man was also mailed a citation for spitting in a squad car.