Though officials in Port Washington were expecting to wake up to less than 6 inches of white fluff, area residents instead shoved their way out the door to dig out of the nearly foot of snow that fell overnight.
Much more snow than we anticipated, we expected to see maybe 4 inches (when we woke up this morning)," Port Washington Street Commissioner Dave Ewig said, adding that he pins Port as one of the communities that saw 11 inches from the storm that continues to drop snow.
- Related: More local snow information and weather resources.
Though main streets have been plowed, the heavy start to the early morning left many businesses unable to open on Tuesday. Here's a list of what's open, and what's not (information taken from local business' Facebook pages).
- The Help Key, LLC: The Help Key will be closed today, Wednesday February 27. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Duluth Trading: The Port Washington store will be closed today due to severe winter weather. Stay safe everyone!
- Smith Bros. Coffee House: We are closed today due to the severe winter weather.
- Dockside Deli: Yes, we're open!!! Stop in for a warm breakfast after shoveling!!!
- Java Dock Cafe: Hey Friends! We are open 'til 4 today! Servin' hot soup, tasty sandwiches and drinks that'll warm your bones! Enjoy the snow!
- Sanfilippo's Sentry: Yes we are open! Come on in once you dig out!
- Harbor Temptations : WE ARE OPEN! Thanks to the art of shoveling and my Subaru.
- Feith Family Ozaukee YMCA: Good Morning!! Feith Family Y is OPEN, but all Youth Programming is cancelled until noon! (and) 1 p.m. Zumba Gold Class has been cancelled for today!
Salon Bleu: Salon Bleu is open at noon today! If you have an appointment come on down, if you need to schedule one, we can take your call!
Be safe out there. -Your friends at Salon Bleu :-)
Do you know of a business closed due to weather, or did you stop by some place that's open that's not on this list? Add it to the comments.