Crime & Safety
'All Clear' Given After Lockdown At Westlawn Middle Monday
The situation Monday represents the third lockdown for Tuscaloosa City Schools in the last week.

TUSCALOOSA, AL — The Tuscaloosa Police Department says a threat made against a Tuscaloosa middle school on Monday was unfounded.
Click here to subscribe to our free daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
TPD said officers responded to the call at 10:11 a.m. and the "all-clear" was given shortly thereafter.
Find out what's happening in Tuscaloosafor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The lockdown is the third for Tuscaloosa City Schools in less than a week, after a threat made by a student prompted lockdowns at Bryant High and Eastwood Middle School last week.
Have a news tip or suggestion on how I can improve Tuscaloosa Patch? Maybe you're interested in having your business become one of the latest sponsors for Tuscaloosa Patch? Email all inquiries to me at ryan.phillips@patch.com
Find out what's happening in Tuscaloosafor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.