Crime & Safety
Two Persons Of Interest Located Following Double-Murder On 19th Street Sunday
One of three persons of interest has been located and taken into custody following a shooting Sunday that left a man and small child dead.
TUSCALOOSA, AL — Two persons of interest have been located, with one potential suspect remaining, following a drive-by shooting Sunday afternoon on 19th Street that left a man and small child dead.
Click here to subscribe to our free daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit Commander Jack Kennedy told local media that Tyrese Laquon Bell, who was previously named among the three potential suspects, had been located and investigators were no longer searching for him. In a second update Monday afternoon, he said Kaleria Gilbert was located by investigators
Find out what's happening in Tuscaloosafor free with the latest updates from Patch.
One other person of interest, Deantwone Dante Long, has yet to be located.
As Patch previously reported, the shooting occurred around 4:30 p.m. Sunday, with witnesses reporting seeing a white car or sedan occupied by three or four people who then shot the victims as they stood outside in the yard in the 3000 block of 19th Street.
Find out what's happening in Tuscaloosafor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Marcus Winston. Jr, 25, was pronounced dead at the scene, while a two-year-old boy unrelated to Winston was critically injured. The child later died after being transported to DCH Regional Medical Center.
Witnesses or those with information into this case are asked to call the VCU at (205) 464-8690 or the Tuscaloosa Police Department at (205) 349-2121.
Have a news tip or suggestion on how I can improve Tuscaloosa Patch? Maybe you're interested in having your business become one of the latest sponsors for Tuscaloosa Patch? Email all inquiries to me at ryan.phillips@patch.com.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.