Crime & Safety
Alleged Shooter in Edison Reprimanded Before Rampage
The offices opened Tuesday and the 911 tape of the Irwindale shooting has been released.
Employees from the Southern California Edison facility in Irwindale were back at work Tuesday for the first time since a shooter before taking his own life.
Detectives from Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said they have not yet determined a motive, but they learned Andre Turner, the alleged shooter, had been reprimanded for missing an audit deadline before the shooting.
It was not clear when the reprimand was delivered to him.
Find out what's happening in Baldwin Parkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The two people Turner killed were according to Lt. Larry Dietz of the Los Angeles County coroner's office.
KTLA identified the two people injured in the shooting as Angela Alvarez, 46, from Glendale and Abhay Pimpale, 38, of Montebello, a contractor. A hospital has released Pimpale and Alvarez has improved from critical to serious condition.
Find out what's happening in Baldwin Parkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Police authorities have also released parts of the initial 911 call reporting the shooting (see video attached to hear the tape).
On the 911 recording, a caller identified by KTLA as a security guard tells the operator that gunshots are being fired.
"There are gunshots occurring outside the facility in the parking lot," the caller says.
"Who is firing?" the operator asked.
"We don't know," the caller says.
, and flags were at half staff at all Edison buildings to remember the victims of the tragedy.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.
