Crime & Safety
Toddler Found Unresponsive in La Puente Died
The boy, identified as Atreyu Martinez, was taken to Huntington Memorial Hospital, where he was declared dead yesterday.

An autopsy was pending today on a 2-year-old La Puente boy who quit breathing under what sheriff's deputies said were suspicious circumstances.
Paramedics and sheriff's deputies were sent to a home in the 16900 block of Turk Drive Tuesday morning in response to an emergency call about an unresponsive child, according to deputies with the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau.
The boy, identified as Atreyu Martinez, was taken to Huntington Memorial Hospital, where he was declared dead yesterday, sheriff's Detective Bob Kenney said.
Find out what's happening in Baldwin Parkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
When authorities arrived, the child was being cared for by a friend of the family, he said, adding that injuries to the child struck first responders as suspicious.
Detectives have been questioning that person and at least one of the parents, but no arrests have been made so far.
Find out what's happening in Baldwin Parkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Stay informed about daily happenings at Baldwin Park by subscribing to the Patch newsletter. Find us on Facebook and Twitter.