Crime & Safety

Corey Dillon Pleads Not Guilty to DUI Charges

The former NFL player is due back in court Aug. 10 for a pretrial hearing.

MALIBU--Former NFL running back Corey Dillon pleaded not guilty Monday to two misdemeanor drunk driving charges filed by the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

He is due back at the Malibu Courthouse on Aug. 10 for a pretrial hearing.

Dillon, 35, who played for the Cincinatti Bengals, was pulled over by Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff's deputies on Mulholland Drive near the 101 Freeway during the early morning hours of April 21.

Find out what's happening in Calabasasfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

He was subsequently arrested after showing "multiple signs of being under the influence," said Sgt. Mark Bock.

"[Dillon] admitted to drinking earlier in the evening," Bock said.

Find out what's happening in Calabasasfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Deputies came to his Calabasas home after receiving a phone complaint that Dillon had assaulted his wife after an argument.

But the D.A. decided not to file charges in that incident because of insufficient evidence.

A worksheet prepared by the D.A.'s office said Dillon's wife had alleged that her husband "poured milk over her head, threw water on her and poured soy sauce on her," but never touched her.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.

More from Calabasas