SANTA CLARA, CA — A man faces charges in connection with a sexual assault that occurred earlier this summer in a Santa Clara park, according to police.
Marlon Fernando Tziacambrosio, 24, of Santa Clara, is charged with assault with intent to commit a felony and kidnapping to commit a sex offense, police said.
Officers responded to a report of someone yelling for help around 1:30 a.m. July 13 in Carmichael Park in the 3400 block of Benton Street, according to police. They arrived as a man fled north on foot, jumping over a fence at an adjacent condominium complex to elude arrest, police said. A woman located by officers had been sexually assaulted, according to police.
With the assistance of the Santa Clara County Crime Lab and the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Identification Unit, detectives identified Tziacambrosio and a warrant was issued for his arrest, according to police.
He was located and arrested Aug. 4 in Santa Clara following surveillance conducted by detectives, and was booked into Santa Clara County Main Jail, police said.
Witnesses or anyone with video evidence and/or information are asked to contact Detective Sgt. Doug Bell at 408-615-4814 or email DBell@Santaclaraca.gov, according to police. Those who wish to remain nameless can leave a message on the department's anonymous tip line at 408-615-4847.
Sign up for free local newsletters and alerts for the
Cupertino Patch
Patch.com is the nationwide leader in hyperlocal news.
Visit Patch.com to find your town today.