Crime & Safety
Contra Costa County DA Files Charges Suspects in Police Shooting
There is no court date set yet for the charges against Marceleno Gonzales.

The Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office has filed charges against a Richmond man shot by police last week. Marceleno Gonzales, 20, will face charges of carrying a loaded and unregistered firearm, a clerk at the district attorney’s office said today.
Gonzales was shot by a Richmond police officer on Jan. 15 after he allegedly pulled out a semi-automatic handgun when the officer tried to confront him, according to Richmond police. Richmond police Capt. Mark Gagan said the semi-automatic pistol had an extended magazine and investigators later found a sandwich bag full of methamphetamine and other bags of marijuana in the suspect’s clothing.
Gagan said the district attorney’s office is also investigating the officer’s use of force in the incident. Gagan said Gonzales was still in the hospital as of Wednesday. There is no court date set yet for the charges against Gonzales.
Find out what's happening in El Cerritofor free with the latest updates from Patch.
By Bay City News
Photo by Shutterstock
Find out what's happening in El Cerritofor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.