Crime & Safety

Man Dead, Two Other Victims Injured in Drive-By Shooting

Deputies are currently developing information regarding the suspect.

Deputies are investigating a drive-by shooting that killed one man and injured two other people Tuesday night in North Richmond. At about 9:40 p.m., dispatchers received a call reporting that a person had been shot in the 1500 block of Fifth Street, according to Contra Costa County sheriff’s officials. When officers arrived, they found a 45-year-old man suffering from gunshot wounds.

Medical personnel airlifted the victim to a hospital, sheriff’s officials said. The victim, a North Richmond resident, died this morning, according to sheriff’s officials. Two other victims, an 18-year-old man and a 35-year-old woman, were also shot. Their injuries were not considered life-threatening, sheriff’s officials said. Deputies are currently developing information regarding the suspect.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Contra Costa sheriff’s detectives at (925) 313-2632. Anyone who wishes to remain anonymous can email tips@so.cccounty.us or call (866) 846-3592.

Find out what's happening in El Cerritofor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Find out what's happening in El Cerritofor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Photo via Shutterstock

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.

More from El Cerrito