Crime & Safety
Caregiver Suspected In Sexual Assault Of Multiple Nursing Home Residents In Eastvale: Sheriff
More victims were sought after reports of inappropriate behavior involving an employee and a patient at the La Mesa Street care facility.

EASTVALE, CA — A 62-year-old caregiver accused of sexually assaulting two patients at an Eastvale nursing home was charged Wednesday with felony and misdemeanor offenses.
June Richard Lee, also known as "Richard Bautista," of East Hemet was arrested Friday following a roughly year-long Riverside County Sheriff's Department investigation.
Lee is charged with two counts of forced oral copulation and one count of annoying a minor.
Find out what's happening in Lake Elsinore-Wildomarfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The defendant, who is being held in lieu of $1 million bail at the Smith Correctional Facility, was slated to make his initial court appearance Wednesday afternoon at the Riverside Hall of Justice.
According to sheriff's investigators, deputies at the Jurupa Valley station were alerted in June 2025 regarding the possible sexual abuse of a patient at a private care facility in the 6000 block of La Mesa Street, near Nectarine Avenue.
Find out what's happening in Lake Elsinore-Wildomarfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The ensuing investigation continued to March of this year, when detectives from the Special Victims Unit identified a second alleged victim, Sgt. Jim Peters said.
The criminal complaint alleged the assaults occurred between June 1 and June 18, 2025. The victims were identified only by their initials -- a man, "H.V.," and a woman, "J.M."
There was additionally a teenage girl, "C.H.," who was sexually harassed by Lee last October, court papers alleged.
Specific details behind the alleged incidents were not disclosed. The duration of Lee's employment at the care home, and how he had been selected to work there, were not provided either.
Peters said that after gathering sufficient evidence, detectives obtained and served a search warrant at the defendant's residence on Margoni Way, where he was taken into custody without incident Friday evening.
He has no documented prior felony convictions in Riverside County.