Community Corner

Fundraiser Underway For Dad Of 7 Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver

Police believe the suspect was in an alleged drunken fight with the Long Beach father moments before he was run over and killed.

LONG BEACH, CA – A fundraiser is underway to cover the costs of a death of a man who was run over and killed in Long Beach. Victor Salvador Herrera, 40, who has seven children and a granddaughter, was pronounced dead at the hospital after he was run over near Market Street and Orange Avenue Saturday night.

Sokhorn Hor, 29, was believed to have engaged in a drunken fight with Herrera, a father of seven, moments before Herrera was run over and killed. Hor, a resident of Long Beach, was arrested on suspicion of murder and was being held at the Long Beach City Jail in lieu of $2 million bail.

"Victor was taken from his family way too soon," the Go Fund Me said. "The world lost one of the funniest, most loving people that could ever walk this Earth."

Find out what's happening in Long Beachfor free with the latest updates from Patch.


Related: Suspected Drunk Driver Arrested In Connection With Fatal Hit&Run


The fundraiser aims to raise $10,000 for Herrera's wife, children and granddaughter. So far, $1,241 has been raised. For more information, visit the Go Fund Me.

Find out what's happening in Long Beachfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Long Beach homicide detectives asked anyone who saw the hit-and-run crash, or the events leading up to it, to call them at (562) 570-7244.

(For more California news, sign up for real-time news alerts and free morning newsletters from your local California Patch . If you have an iPhone, click here to get the free Patch iPhone app.)

"We love you Victor. Your love will live on because you shared it with so many of us," the fundraiser said.

GoFundMe is a Patch promotional partner; Image via GoFundMe

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.