Crime & Safety

Man Shot, Killed In Anaheim; Three Suspects Sought

A shooting in Anaheim led to school lockdowns and a police search in the area of Magnolia and Cerritos, Monday. One man has died.

ANAHEIM, CA — One man was killed in an Anaheim shooting, Monday, according to reports. The 19-year-old man was in the area of Cerritos and Garza Street when he was shot. He was taken by ambulance to an area hospital following the shooting where he died two hours later, according to Orange County Sheriff's Department.

Officers were seeking a gray older model Honda, and 3 suspects inside the vehicle which fled eastbound on Cerritos after the shooting occurred, Orange County Sheriff's Department officer Carrie Braun told Patch.

Further information on the incident was limited as of this report, however Jonas Salk Elementary School was placed on a temporary lockdown during a police search. By 2 p.m. lockdowns were lifted as it was determined by police that any suspect or suspects had left that area.

Find out what's happening in Newport Beach-Corona Del Marfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

"Keep an eye out for the gray older model Honda sedan," Braun said.

The victim heard a gunshot and then realized he had been wounded, Braun said. He then managed to find someone close by to call for help.

Find out what's happening in Newport Beach-Corona Del Marfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

This is a developing report. Please refresh this page for the latest information

Shutterstock Photo

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.