Crime & Safety
Suspect Arrested In North Hollywood Fatal Shooting
Authorities arrested a suspect in Saturday's shooting death of 27-year-old Alcides Quiroz Portillo.
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA — A man was in custody Wednesday for allegedly fatally shooting another man in an alley in North Hollywood, police said.
The suspect, whose name was not immediately released, was arrested earlier this week and booked on suspicion of murder in the killing of Alcides Quiroz Portillo, 27, of North Hollywood, who was gunned down near Burbank Boulevard and Whitsett Avenue about 7 p.m. Saturday, said Los Angeles police Detective Steve Castro.
"The investigation revealed that the victim was walking in the alley when he was approached by a light-colored vehicle," an LAPD statement said. "The occupants from the vehicle and the victim had a discussion, and at that time the victim was struck by gunfire. The vehicle then drove away from the alley in an unknown direction."
Find out what's happening in North Hollywood-Toluca Lakefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Portillo died at a hospital. Investigators have found the vehicle believed used in the crime, Castro said.
Anyone with information on the case was urged to call Castro at 818- 374-1925, or 877-LAPD-247.
Find out what's happening in North Hollywood-Toluca Lakefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
City News Service
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.