Crime & Safety
Man Fatally Shot In Oceanside
The victim was taken to Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, where he later died. A suspect description was not immediately available.

OCEANSIDE, CA – A 45-year-old man was fatally wounded early Friday in a shooting near Buccaneer Beach Park.
Several residents of the 1700 block of South Myers Street in Oceanside made 911 calls about 4:45 a.m. to report hearing gunfire and screams about 4:45 a.m.
An arriving officer found the victim, who said he had been shot, Lt. Valencia Saadat said.
Find out what's happening in Oceanside-Camp Pendletonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Medics took the man to Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, where he was pronounced dead less than an hour later. His name was withheld pending family notification.
Though the circumstances of the slaying were unclear, gang activity did not appear to be a factor, Saadat said.
Find out what's happening in Oceanside-Camp Pendletonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
No arrests in the case had been announced and no description of the shooter released as of late afternoon.
By City News Service / Image via Shutterstock