Crime & Safety

19-Year-Old Arrested In Shooting Of Teen Boy At OC Park: Police

Anaheim homicide detectives arrested a man in connection with the killing of a 16-year-old boy who was shot to death in a local park.

A 19-year-old man was arrested Monday after a teenage boy was shot dead in an Anaheim park parking lot, authorities said Tuesday.
A 19-year-old man was arrested Monday after a teenage boy was shot dead in an Anaheim park parking lot, authorities said Tuesday. (Renee Schiavone/Patch)

ANAHEIM, CA — A 19-year-old man was arrested Monday after a teenage boy was shot dead in an Anaheim park parking lot, authorities said Tuesday.

Anaheim homicide detectives arrested 19-year-old Samuel Galeno in the shooting, which was reported Sunday night in Anaheim.

According to police, officers were dispatched to a local hospital on Sunday, Nov. 10 after a local boy was brought there for treatment of at least one gunshot wound.

Find out what's happening in Orange Countyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

He was transferred to a trauma center, where he died of his injuries.

Police said the initial investigation revealed that the boy had been in John Marshall Park, located in the 2000 block of West La Palma Avenue in Anaheim, around 8 p.m.

Find out what's happening in Orange Countyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

While at the park, the boy was confronted by a group of suspects, police said. One of the suspects had a handgun and shot the boy at least one time.

The suspect was later identified as Galeno. He was arrested on Monday, Nov. 11 at around 6:30 p.m. at a residence in the 1800 block of W. Tamara Lane, also in Anaheim.

He is being held in lieu of $1 million bail, police said.

The investigation is ongoing, and police declined to give a motive behind the killing.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.