Crime & Safety
Man Shot To Death In OC Home, Another Stabbed: Police
A 24-year-old woman was behind bars for shooting one man to death and stabbing another during a gang-related attack at a home in OC.

ORANGE COUNTY, CA — A 24-year-old woman was behind bars for shooting one man to death and stabbing another during a gang-related attack at a home in Orange County, authorities said Sunday.
Anaheim police were dispatched at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday to the 800 block of West Cottonwood Circle in the City of Anaheim regarding a shooting that had just occurred, authorities said.
Sgt. Matt Sutter of the Anaheim Police Department said that upon arriving, the officers found that two victims were transported to a hospital by witnesses previously.
Find out what's happening in Orange Countyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Jose Andres Abrego, 30, who was suffering from at least one gunshot wound, was pronounced dead at a hospital. The second victim, an unidentified man, was stabbed at least one time and was expected to survive his injuries, Sutter said.
The suspect, Jannett Cureno, was said to have fled the scene prior to police arrival. She was located and arrested without incident at about 1 p.m. Saturday in Santa Ana, in the 300 block of Newhope Street, police said.
Find out what's happening in Orange Countyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Cureno was booked into the Anaheim Detention Facility and was being held in lieu of $1 million bail.
Anaheim police urged anyone with information about the case to call them at 714-321-3669.
Anonymous tips can be made to Orange County Crime Stoppers at 855-847-6227.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.