Crime & Safety
Woman, 72, Found Dead Inside OC Home In Apparent Homicide, Police Say
A 66-year-old suspect was arrested after a woman was found dead inside of an Orange County home.

ANAHEIM, CA — A 66-year-old man was arrested after an elderly woman was found dead inside an Orange County home late February.
The suspect — identified as Raymond Craft by the Anaheim Police Department — was arrested on March 7, authorities said.
Anaheim police officers responded to a residence on the 100 block of Spruce Via in Anaheim on Feb. 26, according to the APD. Upon arrival, officers found a 72-year-old woman who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Find out what's happening in Orange Countyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Authorities said the ensuing investigation revealed the woman had been assaulted prior to her death and her case was ruled a homicide. Her name was not released.
Investigators later identified Craft as a suspect in the murder, and on March 7, he was found in Fullerton and taken into custody.
Find out what's happening in Orange Countyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
He was arrested on murder charges and is being held on $1 million bail.
Anaheim PD Homicide Detectives are asking anyone with information about this incident or Raymond Craft to call 714-321-3669 or contact Orange County Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS or www.occrimestoppers.org.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.