Crime & Safety

Teens Fight, Mom Says Son Had Gun Pulled on Him

A fight broke out Thursday afternoon near Rosemont High School.

A pair of teens fought last week near , and one parent said an involved teen had a gun pulled on him the day before, authorities say.

The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department responded to a call of about 20 teens gathered for a fight around 5:45 p.m. Thursday on Achates Circle, a small street off Tallyho Drive, department spokesman Dep. Jason Ramos said.

As officers were headed toward the street, they heard the group had moved to nearby , Ramos said.

Find out what's happening in Rosemontfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

When they arrived at the park, they detained a 16-year-old boy who was sweating and had a torn shirt. He was taken to Rosemont High School, where the back-to-school night was about to start.

"Officers contacted this kid’s mom, who told them that someone pulled a gun on him the previous day, and that may have had something to do with the altercation [Thursday]," Ramos said in an email. "The kid, however, said that he and some other teenagers were just play-fighting and that the ruckus was not serious."

Find out what's happening in Rosemontfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The student was released into his mother's custody, Ramos said.

Rosemont Principal Leise Martinez said administrators looked into the incident the next day.

"We thoroughly investigated this incident the following day, Friday; there were no guns involved and the two individuals involved made peace and shook hands," Martinez said in an email.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.

More from Rosemont