SAN FRANCISCO, CA — A driver involved in a fatal crash in San Francisco last month was arrested Monday on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter, police said.
It's unclear exactly how the crash happened. Police said the suspect, 50-year-old San Francisco resident Isaac Bowler, was driving in the 200 block of Sixth Street around 4 a.m. on July 14, when he crashed into a pedestrian.
The pedestrian was taken to a local hospital, where they died from their injuries, police said. Police did not disclose the pedestrian's identity.
Bowler, meanwhile, remained at the scene and cooperated with the investigation, police said.
Police say investigators developed enough probable cause to arrest Bowler in connection with the fatal crash, accusing him of failing to "exercise due care for a pedestrian."
Bowler is also accused of "failure to provide proof of insurance," police said.
The case remains under investigation, police said. The SFPD asks that anyone with more information contact the department at 415-575-4444.
Sign up for free local newsletters and alerts for the
San Francisco Patch
Patch.com is the nationwide leader in hyperlocal news.
Visit Patch.com to find your town today.