Crime & Safety

Redwood City Man Pleads Not Guilty to Sharing Child Porn with FBI Agent

David Nash, 63, was arrested by the FBI on June 25 and investigators collected further evidence that Nash had viewed child pornography.

A Redwood City man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to sharing child pornography with an undercover FBI agent in an Internet chat room last year, San Mateo County prosecutors said today.

David Nash, 63, is charged with four counts of distributing child pornography, according to prosecutors.

An undercover FBI agent based in New York allegedly contacted Nash in an Internet chat room for child pornography on April 4, 2014, according to the district attorney’s office. Nash shared links to child pornography images hosted in the United Kingdom with others in the chat room, prosecutors said.

Find out what's happening in San Carlosfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Agents allegedly found him doing the same thing a few weeks later, on April 21. Investigators traced his IP address to Nash’s home in Redwood City, prosecutors said.

Nash was arrested by the FBI on June 25 of this year and investigators collected further evidence that Nash had viewed child pornography, prosecutors said.

Find out what's happening in San Carlosfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Nash posted $200,000 bail and remains free for now. He is scheduled to return to court for a preliminary hearing on Jan. 12.

--Bay City News Service, photo via Shutterstock

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.

More from San Carlos