Santa Monica
News Feed
Events
Local Businesses
Classifieds
Crime & Safety

Man Found Dead On Santa Monica High-Rise Balcony Identified

The 90-year-old man was found dead on a sixth-floor construction balcony at Westminster Tower last week.

Westminster Tower in Santa Monica, where an adult was found dead Friday on a sixth-floor construction balcony. (Scott Snowden/Patch)

SANTA MONICA, CA — The 90-year-old man found dead on a construction balcony at a Santa Monica high-rise last week has been identified as Maurice Robson, according to the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner.

The Medical Examiner listed Robson's cause of death as blunt traumatic injuries and the manner of death as suicide. Robson died Aug. 14, according to the Medical Examiner. The agency's records list his place of death as a construction site.

Subscribe

Santa Monica police Lt. Lewis Gilmour separately confirmed Robson's identity to Patch Wednesday.

Police and fire personnel responded to the 1100 block of 7th Street on Aug. 14 for a death investigation. Robson was found on a sixth-floor construction balcony at Westminster Tower, a 17-story residential building, and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Santa Monica Police Department said preliminary information indicated the death was an apparent suicide and was not related to criminal activity. Authorities said there was no threat to the public.

Westminster Tower is undergoing significant exterior renovation work, an employee of the building's owner previously confirmed to Patch.

Anyone experiencing emotional distress or concerned about someone who may be in crisis can call or text the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline for free, confidential support.

More from Santa Monica
News | 2d
News | 5d
News | 5d
See more on Patch >

Sign up for free local newsletters and alerts for the
Santa Monica Patch

Patch.com is the nationwide leader in hyperlocal news.
Visit Patch.com to find your town today.

©2026 Patch Media. All Rights Reserved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information