Crime & Safety

No Evidence Threat Made Against Walsh Intermediate School: Report

A published report Wednesday night sheds more light on the alleged threat that surfaced on social media Tuesday.

UPDATE, 8:45 P.M.

Police Capt. Geoffrey Morgan told the New Haven Register Wednesday that there is no credible information concerning the threat made against Walsh Intermediate School on Tuesday.

Morgan said the threat, which was posted on social media, was never confirmed by a student or a parent. He also told the Register that the alleged school threat had some connection to a bullying issue at the school last month.

Find out what's happening in Branfordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

A 12-year-old student was allegedly attacked in the school physically and verbally threatened because he is Jewish a parent has alleged, the Register reports.

Branford school officials immediately condemned any bullying that may have occurred in the school. See related story: Branford Schools Chief Condemns Bullying After Report Surfaces

Find out what's happening in Branfordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

BRANFORD, CT - Branford police detectives are working in coordination with the Branford School Officials to investigate a possible threat concerning the Walsh Intermediate School that appeared on a social media website today, officials said in a news release.

At this point, there is no credible information to substantiate the threat; however the investigation is ongoing, police said.

The Branford Public School District is committed to maintaining safe learning environments and to that end, Hamlet M. Hernandez, Superintendent of Schools and Chief Kevin Halloran both reiterated, “Potential threats or allegations, concerning the safety of students or schools, is taken seriously and if necessary, proper measures are implemented.”

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.