Crime & Safety
Missing Teen Girl From Canton Found Safe: UPDATE
The 16-year-old was last seen leaving her home at 4 p.m. on Monday. Police said she was found later the next day.
CANTON, CT — Local police said a missing 16-year-old girl from Canton who was reported missing Monday is now safe.
Tuesday, they reported some good news as she was found safe and went back home, according to the Canton Police Department.
According to the CPD, the teenage female was reported as a "juvenile runaway" and was last seen leaving her home at about 4 p.m. Monday, Aug. 19.
Find out what's happening in Cantonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
A Silver Alert was submitted to the Connecticut State Police, she was believed to have been in the Manchester area.
Last week, she was also reported "missing" and was found safe and returned to her home, according to the CPD.
Find out what's happening in Cantonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
No further information was available and it is unknown where she was located.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.