Crime & Safety
Suspect Injured After Being Shot By Cheshire Police Officer
Police were on the scene of a barricaded person situation and the suspect was taken into custody.

CHESHIRE, CT — Connecticut State Police Detectives assigned to Central District Major Crime are investigating an officer-involved shooting in Cheshire. On June 22, 2018 at approximately 7:30 p.m, Cheshire Police Department responded to 137 Fairway Drive in Cheshire for a reported domestic disturbance, police said.
Upon arrival, Cheshire police officers found that a male suspect was armed with a handgun and refused to comply with Cheshire officer’s commands, police said. The suspect eventually barricaded himself in the residence, police said.
Through the course of the interaction, at least one Cheshire police officer discharged their duty weapon striking the suspect at least one time, police said. The suspect sustained non-life-threatening injury and was transported to a local hospital. There were no reported injuries to the Cheshire police officers.
Find out what's happening in Cheshirefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The 29 year-old suspect was taken into custody by Cheshire Police Department on charges related to the domestic disturbance.
At the request of the Cheshire police chief and the New Haven State’s Attorney’s Office, state police detectives from Central District Major Crime responded to the scene and assumed the officer-involved shooting investigation. The name of the officer/s are being withheld at this time.
Find out what's happening in Cheshirefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
CHESHIRE, CT — Cheshire Police have responded to a barricaded person situation on Fairway Drive, according to multiple reports.
NBC Connecticut reports police are urging residents in the 100 block of Fairway Drive to shelter in place and that shots have been fired.
Police have requested mutual aid, according to the Meriden Record-Journal.
"We are currently investigating a domestic incident which occurred earlier this evening," Lt. Jeffrey Sutherland said in an email on Friday night. "The situation is contained and the only suspect is in custody. There is no threat at this time."
This story will be updated when more information is available
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.