Crime & Safety

Man Who Triggered UNH Lockdown Faces New Charge In Connection To Fairfield School Trespass

William Dong, 24, who brought guns to the UNH campus in 2013, was seen riding a Segway on Fairfield school property last week.

Fairfield resident William Dong, 24, who brought guns to the University of New Haven in 2013 and caused a lockdown of the campus, faces an additional charge of violation of probation in connection to his arrest last week for trespassing at Fairfield Woods Middle School, according to the Fairfield Citizen.

Dong isn’t allowed on any public school property in town and police were alerted by the school’s assistant principal after seeing him riding a Segway down the access driveway between the middle school and Jennings School on Dec. 7.

Dong, who lives on Stratfield Road, told police he didn’t realize the access road was school property, according to the Citizen. Police have warned him several times that he isn’t allowed on any public school property in town.

Find out what's happening in Fairfieldfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Police told the Citizen that at no time during last week’s incident was Dong in possession of weapons and he didn’t present a threat.

Read the full report at the Fairfield Citizen here.

Find out what's happening in Fairfieldfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Patch file photo

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.