Crime & Safety

Shooting Arrest Made In Hamden: Police

The suspect is accused of shooting another man in the back multiple times, according to police.

HAMDEN, CT — A Hamden man has been charged with shooting another man in the back during the overnight hours last month. At about 4 a.m. on Aug. 19, Hamden Police responded to the area of Oregon Avenue and Manilla Avenue on the report of shots fired, according to Capt. Ronald Smith.

Moments later, officers found a 27-year-old New Haven resident, lying in the street, who had been shot in the back multiple times, according to Smith. The victim was transported to Yale-New Haven Hospital with serious injuries, Smith said. (To sign up for Hamden breaking news alerts and more, click here.)

Detective Joseph Liguori conducted an extensive investigation, which led to the application of an arrest warrant for Ryan Bryan.

Find out what's happening in Hamdenfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

On Sept. 8, Detective Liguori, along with Detective Scott Levenduski and Officer Dennis Putnam arrested Bryan in New Haven and he was promptly transported to police headquarters, Smith said.

Bryan, 27, of George Street in Hamden, was charged with first-degree assault, criminal possession of a firearm and carrying a pistol without a permit. Bryan, who was detained on a court-ordered $500,000 bond, is scheduled to appear in Meriden Superior Court on Sept. 21.

Find out what's happening in Hamdenfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Pictured: Ryan Bryan, 27, of Hamden / via the Hamden Police Department

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.