Crime & Safety

2 Men Charged In Shooting In Meriden: Police

Police said a shot was fired during a fight involving two men against another man on a street in Meriden.

MERIDEN, CT — Two men have been arrested in connection with a shooting last month in Meriden, according to police.

Police responded around 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 18 to a report of a disturbance on Perkins Street where a shot was fired.

An investigation found that a fight took place between three men on the corner of Perkins Street and East Main Street, according to police.

Find out what's happening in Meridenfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Police said the fight involved two men against a third man.

“During the altercation, a firearm was brandished and fired by one of the two males at the third male,” police wrote in a news release. “The male was not struck but a shell casing was recovered on scene. The suspects were identified and the investigation led to the Meriden Police Department securing two arrest warrants in relation to this incident.”

Find out what's happening in Meridenfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Norberto Pellot was apprehended in Meriden on Oct. 26. He was charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree assault, third-degree assault, first-degree reckless endangerment, and second-degree breach of peace. He was being held in lieu of a $500,000 bond with a court date of Nov. 15, according to state judicial records.

Wesley Vazquez-Santana was apprehended on Nov. 9 at New Haven Court, where police said he was at a court date for a separate gun case.

Vazquez-Santana was brought to the Meriden Police Department and charged with criminal attempt at first-degree assault, unlawful discharge, first-degree reckless endangerment, criminal possession of a firearm, criminal use of a firearm, carrying a pistol without a permit and second-degree breach of peace. 2nd. He was held in lieu of a $250,000 bond.

“The Meriden Police Department understands the danger that these types of incidents expose our residents to,” police wrote. “Our agency worked diligently on this case in an effort to make our community safer. We would like to acknowledge the Judicial District of New Haven for their role in this process.”

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.