Community Corner
6-Year-Old Girl Missing From Meriden Found Safe In North Carolina: PD
A Silver Alert was issued for the girl on Tuesday.

MERIDEN, CT — The 6-year-old girl who was reported missing from Meriden, and the subject of a Silver Alert on Tuesday, was found safe in North Carolina, police said in an update Wednesday.
Police said the girl was in the care of a family member and is safe.
The girl had been reported missing from Meriden since Jan. 13. She was believed to be in the company of her aunt, according to the Silver Alert that was issued.
Find out what's happening in Meridenfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
"Our organization understands the serious nature of these investigations and allocated significant resources to assist in the location of the missing child," police wrote in a news release. "The Special Crimes Unit along with the Crime Suppression Unit further investigated this complaint while working in partnership with other law enforcement agencies. The Detective Division worked with the family to understand exactly what transpired and at this time, we do not believe the incident is criminal in nature."
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.