Crime & Safety
Another Attempted Home Burglary Stopped by Milford Resident
Once again, a suspect tossed a brick through a window but in this case someone was home and the suspect ran off and is still at-large.

MILFORD, CT — A Cornflower Drive resident reported an attempted break-in on Wednesday, according to a post on social media, which was confirmed by Milford Police Thursday morning. And once again, the pattern sounds familiar.
According to the resident's account, a man knocked on the front door of a neighbor's house and he did not answer. Then the suspect went around back and threw a brick through his back window/door, the resident said.
"Homeowner startled burglar before he came in the house and he ran off. Please stay on the look out. It is happening closer and closer to home." Milford Local, a popular local Facebook page, shared the resident's account, and police confirmed the details.
Find out what's happening in Milfordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Since December there have been more than three dozen similar home burglaries in Milford. The only description Milford Police have released concerning the suspects is that "most burglaries occur between 4 and 8 p.m. Jewelry, lock boxes and other items that can easily be carried are being targeted and taken from bedrooms."
"An older model gray sedan was seen near one of the incidents," police said in a statement earlier in February. "A light colored minivan was seen at another. Witnesses reported seeing a male described as white, in his 30s with facial hair, wearing a hooded sweatshirt, jeans and gloves at one incident."
Find out what's happening in Milfordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
If you have any idea who is behind these burglaries please call Milford Police.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.