Crime & Safety

Video Shows Toddlers Safety In Question, Parents Arrested: Police

Milford Police say they received "numerous complaints" of a video posted online concerning the safety of a child.

MILFORD, CT — Two Milford residents have been charged after a video was posted online which sounded as if a child was being screamed at and or hit, police said this week. Initially one of the parents blamed the video on hackers who were jealous that he was raising money online to develop a 'Game of Thrones' card game, according to the arrest warrant and various media reports.

On May 8, police received "numerous complaints" of a video posted online concerning the safety of a child, which "sounded as if the child was being screamed at and hit by an adult," police said.

Investigation led to two arrest warrants being applied for Daniel Perez, 33, and Alessandro Sillo, 33, both of Warren Street, police said. Both Perez and Sillo took their two children to Rhode Island last week in an attempt to avoid a DCF visit over the poor conditions inside their home, police said last week. The two children were aged 2 and 3 and were found safely on Friday, police said.

Find out what's happening in Milfordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The Connecticut Post reports that running water had been turned off six months ago. In the arrest warrant, Perez is accused of verbally threatening the children on the video by saying "I'm going to throw you out the (expletive) window if you don't shut the (expletive) up," the Connecticut Post reports citing the arrest warrant.

Initially, Perez told police that he was set up because people were jealous of his success in trying to create a 'Game of Thrones' card game and raising $3,217 online, the CT Post reports. Perez, according to the arrest warrant, blamed his kids for the poor conditions inside their home, the Post reports.

Find out what's happening in Milfordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The arrest warrant also reveals that two old burn marks were discovered on one of the toddlers, according to WFSB 3 TV. The father told police that the toddlers run around the house holding scissors and exposed nails were found in their bedroom, WFSB 3 TV reports citing the arrest warrant.

Perez denied hitting the children but he told police he was mad at the kids for "spilling food and playing with a window," the New York Post reports.

Perez is charged with four counts of risk of injury and second-degree threatening and Sillo is charged with two counts of risk of injury. They were held in lieu of a $75,000 bond.

>>>For more details on the arrest warrant, read the full CT Post story here.

>>>Read More at WFSB 3 TV.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.