Crime & Safety
Naugatuck High School Student Charged After Verbally Threatening to 'Hurt People'
The juvenile invoked the recent shooting massacre in California. The arrest occurred at the high school.

A Naugatuck High School student has been charged for allegedly verbally threatening to hurt people while referencing the recent shooting massacre in San Bernardino, California that left at least 14 dead and 21 wounded last week, police said Monday.
On Dec. 4, the School Resource Officer responded to a disturbance at the high school.
A juvenile, who is under the age of 18, told staff he wanted to hurt people and made references to the recent shooting in California, police said.
Find out what's happening in Naugatuckfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
He is charged with breach of peace and is due to appear in court Monday.
We’ll update this story.
Find out what's happening in Naugatuckfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.