Schools
4 Norwalk Schools No Longer In 'Secure Mode': District
Four Norwalk schools were in "secure mode" earlier in the day as a result of a nearby investigation, according to school officials.

NORWALK, CT — Four Norwalk schools are no longer in "secure mode" and students and staff will continue with a regular school day Tuesday, according to Norwalk Public Schools.
Around 12:15 p.m., district officials said on Twitter that Brien McMahon High School, Roton Middle School, Brookside Elementary School and Concord Magnet School were in secure mode as a result of a nearby investigation.
In a second tweet around 1 p.m., district officials said the schools' secure status had been lifted.
Find out what's happening in Norwalkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
(To sign up for Norwalk breaking news alerts and more, click here.)
"The 'secure' status has now been lifted by the Norwalk Police Department at all four schools. Students and staff will continue with a regular school day," district officials said on Twitter.
Find out what's happening in Norwalkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.