Crime & Safety

Man Accused Of Firing Shots In Norwalk Arrested: Police

Police said a man accused of firing several shots from a handgun in Norwalk was arrested on reckless endangerment and other charges.

A city man accused of firing several shots from a handgun in Norwalk last week was arrested Friday, according to police.
A city man accused of firing several shots from a handgun in Norwalk last week was arrested Friday, according to police. (Al Branch/Patch)

NORWALK, CT — A city man accused of firing several shots from a handgun in Norwalk last week was arrested Friday on reckless endangerment and other charges, according to police.

In a news release, Police Sgt. Ryan Evarts said police received a report just before midnight on Oct. 28 of shots fired in the area of Lexington Avenue.

After further investigation, police determined an altercation after a gathering in the area caused Jose Geovany Marino-Mejia, 45, of Norwalk, to leave the area, Evarts said.

Find out what's happening in Norwalkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Marino-Mejia returned a short time later with a handgun and fired several rounds at the ground and a stone wall in the direction of where people were still gathered, according to Evarts.

Police found several 0.45 caliber shell casings in the area. No injuries were reported, Evarts said.

Find out what's happening in Norwalkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Marino-Mejia was charged with criminal possession of a firearm, first-degree reckless endangerment and unlawful discharge of a firearm.

His bond was set at $75,000 and he is scheduled to appear in court later this month, according to Evarts.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.