Crime & Safety

Secure Protocol Lifted At Norwalk School: UPDATE

District officials said the school was ordered to initiate a secure protocol earlier in the day in response to a potential threat.

A secure protocol was initiated at South Norwalk Neighborhood School during a police investigation Wednesday afternoon.
A secure protocol was initiated at South Norwalk Neighborhood School during a police investigation Wednesday afternoon. (Kristin Borden/Patch)

NORWALK, CT — A secure protocol initiated at South Norwalk Neighborhood School during a police investigation Wednesday afternoon has been lifted, according to district officials.

In a Facebook post, district officials said the school was ordered to initiate a secure protocol around noon in response to a potential threat in an area of the school building being investigated by police.

"Students and staff are proceeding with their normal day inside the building," district officials said on Facebook. "We will update when the secure protocol has been lifted."

Find out what's happening in Norwalkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Around 2:30 p.m., officials announced on Facebook the secure protocol had been lifted, according to a district safety and security officer.

Officials also noted the secure protocol is one of the district's standard response protocols that are conducted throughout the school year.

Find out what's happening in Norwalkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.