Crime & Safety

Second Suspect In Norwalk Robbery Sentenced: Report

Police said a second suspect in a Norwalk robbery has received sentencing.

NORWALK, CT — Police said the second suspect in a Norwalk robbery was sentenced Wednesday to six years in jail, the Norwalk Hour reported. The incident occurred on Sept. 9, 2016, according to police.

Police said the suspect, 22-year-old Antonio Barreto of Meriden, and his alleged partner walked into the Gold Rush store on Connecticut Avenue with a handgun, according to the Norwalk Hour. The store, which buys and sells precious metals, was able to catch the incident on surveillance video, according to police.

Barreto was later found by the U.S. Marshals Violent Fugitive Task Force in Kissimmee, Fla., the Norwalk Hour reported. The suspect's alleged partner, 29-year-old Donald Outlaw of Hartford, had reached a plea deal with Stamford prosecutors last week.

Find out what's happening in Norwalkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Find out what's happening in Norwalkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.