Crime & Safety

Suspect Wanted In Norwalk Home Invasion Arrested In NY: Police

U.S. Marshalls tracked down and arrested a 31-year-old man in Upstate New York on Dec. 16, according to Norwalk police.

NORWALK, CT — A Norwalk man wanted in connection with a home invasion from October was arrested in Upstate New York last week by the U.S. Marshalls, according to police.

Christian Chavez-Sosa, 31, was charged with home invasion, strangulation, violation of a protective order and first-degree burglary.

"The home invasion incident occurred when Chavez-Sosa already had an existing protective order in place. On October 30th he broke into the victim’s home first destroying items and later re-entering the home only to terrorize the victim again," police said in a news release.

Find out what's happening in Norwalkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Chavez-Sosa strangled the victim as they lay in their bed with a child, and he was only stopped when someone entered the room and interrupted, causing him to flee from the home, police said.

"Then on November 4th he followed and harassed that same victim and made obscene gestures from his vehicle once again," police added.

Find out what's happening in Norwalkfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The U.S. Marshalls tracked Chavez-Sosa to Gloversville, N.Y., in Fulton County where he was taken into custody on Dec. 16 on arrest warrants. He was later taken back to Norwalk.

Chavez-Sosa was given a $300,000 bond in connection with the home invasion incident, and a $50,000 bond due to a third protective order violation, police said.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.