Health & Fitness
UPDATE: Ridgefield Coronavirus Testing Canceled
The coronavirus testing previously scheduled for Saturday, July 25, in Ridgefield has been canceled.
RIDGEFIELD, CT — The coronavirus testing previously scheduled for Saturday, July 25, has been canceled.
First Selectman Rudy Marconi said the cancellation is due to the reallocation of rapid test kits.
"The Federal Government is diverting all rapid test kits away from the clinics like Ridgefield's and diverting them to nursing homes across the country. As a consequence, test results here locally, may take in excess of one week," Marconi said in a news release.
Docs Medical Group, which has provided test three other town-wide drive through tests will no longer be able to get the kits that allow people to receive results within just a few days because they are being reallocated to the nursing homes, according to a news release
Marconi is "disappointed as quite of few Ridgefielders had signed up for the testing," according to the release, and is urging those who want or need a test to immediately contact their primary care provider or an urgent care facility as there may still be some rapid tests available in their facilities."
Docs Medical Group on 1 Pandanaram Road in Danbury still has some kits available, according to the release.