Community Corner

Latest Ridgefield Coronavirus Updates: 80 Confirmed Cases

Here are the latest, local updates on how the coronavirus outbreak is impacting Ridgefield.

RIDGEFIELD, CT — Town Health Director Ed Briggs has confirmed there are 80 active cases of the new coronavirus in Ridgefield, with ages ranging from 2-101. The current town total death toll remains at seven.

Gov. Ned Lamont said Tuesday afternoon that another 557 residents have tested positive for the virus statewide, bringing the total to 3,128. Sixty-nine people have died, 16 more in the past 24 hours, and 608 have been hospitalized. The state tally includes an additional 17 fatalities previously unreported, which brings the total number of deaths in Connecticut to 69. He said state officials just learned of the 17 new deaths and announced them Tuesday. On Monday, 36 deaths were reported across the state.


Don't miss updates in Connecticut concerning the coronavirus and more. Sign up for Patch alerts and newsletters.


The Ridgefield Office of Emergency Management is strongly urging residents who have symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19 to quarantine for 14 days.

Ridgefield Responds, a charity under the nonprofit Friends of Ridgefield, is now taking donations that will be used towards Ridgefield's recovery efforts and will be used for those unemployed or laid off due to COVID-19 for help with rents and mortgages. Contributions may be sent to: Friends of Ridgefield –Ridgefield Responds, 400 Main Street, Ridgefield, CT 06877. Be sure to notify employers who sponsor matching contributions.

Ridgefield’s Emergency Operations Team will streams live updates on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week at 4 p.m. on ridgefieldct.org and Comcast Cable Channel 24.