Community Corner

Latest Ridgefield Coronavirus Updates: 84 Confirmed Cases

Here are the latest, local updates on how the coronavirus outbreak is impacting Ridgefield.

RIDGEFIELD, CT — Town Health Director Ed Briggs announced on Wednesday that there are 84 active cases of the new coronavirus in Ridgefield, four more than Tuesday. The current town total death toll remains at seven. The patients range in age from 2-101.

"You need to quarantine yourself to protect your family," First Selectman Rudy Marconi said during a live telecast Wednesday, referring to the toddler who had become infected with COVID-19.

Gov. Ned Lamont announced that a 6-week-old newborn from the Hartford area died from the virus; the baby is believed to be the youngest victim of the virus in the country.

Lamont also announced another 429 positive coronavirus cases in Connecticut along with 16 new deaths. There have been a total of 3,557 cases and 85 deaths in the state.


Don't miss updates in Connecticut concerning the coronavirus and more. Sign up for Patch alerts and newsletters.


The Ridgefield Office of Emergency Management is strongly urging residents who have symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19 to quarantine for 14 days.

Marconi said he had noticed there had been a sharp increase in short term rentals in the town, out-of-towners looking to move into Ridgefield for the next 3-4 months. He had spoken with Lamont about "putting a stop to it."

Ridgefield's Emergency Operations Team streams live updates on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week at 4 p.m. on the Town website and Comcast Cable Channel 24.