Crime & Safety
Arrest Made in March Crash in Southington
An arrest has been made for a March crash in Southington.

SOUTHINGTON, CT — A man has been charged for his role in a wild crash in March in Southington.
The crash took place at 10:16 p.m. on March 19 in the area of 1079 Queen St.
Police said an investigation showed that Mark Campochiaro, 51 of Southington, was operating his vehicle in the northbound lane of Queen Street when he seemingly crossed into the southbound lane and struck another vehicle.
Find out what's happening in Southingtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Campochiaro’s vehicle traveled about 500 feet from the scene before striking a tree and coming to a stop, a report shows.
Campochiaro was transported to a local hospital for treatment of injuries sustained in the crash, according to a report. The other operator of the second vehicle was treated at the scene, police said.
Find out what's happening in Southingtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Both vehicles sustained heavy damage and required towing from the scene. A search warrant for medical records revealed that Campochiaro was allegedly operating the vehicle with a blood alcohol content over the legal limit, police said.
On Tuesday, Campochiaro turned himself in after learning a warrant had been issued for his arrest. He was charged with failure to drive right, evading responsibility with physical injury, and driving under the influence.
Campochiaro is due to make a court appearance on July 2, police said.
Photo Credit: SPD
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.