Crime & Safety
Southington 'Get Off My Lawn' Incident Lands Man With Charges
A trespassing incident in Southington led to charges, police said.

SOUHTHINGTON, CT — A "get off my lawn" incident between neighbors in Southington has landed a man with three criminal charges, police said.
Police released details on the July 15 incident Thursday. At 2:21 p.m. that day, police responded to a home on Old Turnpike Rd. after receiving a complain that James McCool, 53, was at a neighbor’s house and was refusing to leave.
An investigation revealed that McCool entered the neighbor’s yard, despite previously
Find out what's happening in Southingtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
having been told that he is not welcome there and, when the homeowner asked McCool to leave, McCool refused and became "aggressive," police said.
The then "began to move toward the homeowner and threatened the homeowner," McCool "continued his aggressive and threatening behavior" when police arrived, according to a report.
Find out what's happening in Southingtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
McCool was charged with first-degree criminal trespass, second-degree breach of peace and second-degree threatening. He posted a $10,000.00 bond and is scheduled to appear in New Britain Court on Aug. 3.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.