Crime & Safety
Southington Man Charged With Armed Sexual Assault
A Southington man is facing several charges while being accused of sexual assault, police said.

SOUTHINGTON, CT — A Southington man has been charged with armed sexual assault for a Wednesday incident, police said.
Police Thursday announced the arrest of 36-year-old Jonathan Vose of the Plantsville section of Southington. Vose is charged with:
- First-degree sexual assault with a firearm
- First-degree kidnapping
- Strangulation
- Third-degree assault
- Unlawful restraint
- Disorderly conduct
At 7:38 a.m. Wednesday, the Southington Police Department received a report that a woman was both physically and sexually assaulted. A witness told police that, eight minutes earlier, a woman had run up to his truck asking for help while stating she had been assaulted.
Find out what's happening in Southingtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Police said the woman had "obvious injuries" and was transported to an area medical center for treatment.
Vose was held on a $250,000.00 bond and was to appear in New Britain Superior Court on Thursday.
Find out what's happening in Southingtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Vose knew the woman, police said.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.