
SOUTHINGTON, CT — A Waturbury man has been charged with first-degree sexual assault for an incident on town earlier this month, Southiungton police said.
On Friday at about 5:30 p.m. Neftali Bultes, 40 of Waterbury, was picked up at his residence on an arrest warrant, police said. He was taken into custody without incident and transported to Southington and charged with both first- and third-degree sexual assault and second-degree reckless endangerment, police said.
Bultes was held on a $500,000 court-set bond and was to appear Monday before a judge, police said.
Find out what's happening in Southingtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The warrant stemmed from an alleged domestic violence sexual assault incident that occurred in Southington on Aug. 7, police said. Bultes and the Victim were acquaintances prior to the incident, police said.
The warrant has been sealed, police said.
Find out what's happening in Southingtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Photo Credit: The booking mug shot of Bultes furnished by Southington police
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.