Community Corner

Latest Wilton Coronavirus Update: 92 Active Cases

Here are the latest, local updates on how the coronavirus outbreak is impacting Wilton.

WILTON, CT — The Connecticut Department of Public Health has confirmed there are 92 cases of the new coronavirus in the Town as of Saturday, up from 91 reported Friday.

Memorial Parade Committee Chair Bud Taylor has announced the cancellation of the May 25th Memorial Day Parade.

"The committee was coming up against deadlines for financial commitments for parade participants and other expenses," First Selectwoman Lynne Vanderslice posted on the Town website. "With the schools and now non-essential businesses remaining closed, the decision is prudent and understandable. Plans are being developed to as to how the community can remember and honor those who served our country."

Find out what's happening in Wiltonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Vanderslice also said that she is advocating that the Presidential Primary scheduled for June 2 be re-scheduled for July, out of consideration for many of Wilton's poll workers who are older and at higher risk of infection.

Connecticut reported another 45 coronavirus-associated deaths and 972 positive cases Saturday. There was an increase of 31 current hospitalizations, which was a recent low for the state.

Find out what's happening in Wiltonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

To date there have been 11,510 confirmed coronavirus cases in Connecticut and 494 deaths. There are currently 1,593 people hospitalized for COVID-19. Nearly 40,000 patients have been tested in Connecticut.

Earlier this week Gov. Ned Lamont said that hospitalizations were going up on a linear basis instead of exponentially increasing, which could be a sign that Connecticut is starting to flatten the curve of cases.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.