Crime & Safety

Missing Child Found Safe in Atlanta

Nathan Long of Nashville was discovered in downtown Atlanta on Tuesday morning.

Authorities are trying to figure out how an 11-year-old boy disappeared from his Nashville home and made it to Atlanta before being found earlier this week.

According to FOX 5 Atlanta, Nathan Long was discovered in downtown Atlanta on Tuesday morning after leaving his home on Monday night. Long has a brain tumor, FOX 5 says.

According to Atlanta police, the youngster initially gave false information to investigators, but the Department of Family and Children Services soon took custody of the child and was able to discover his true identity.

Find out what's happening in Midtownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Long claimed he got on a Megabus in Nashville which took him to Atlanta, and security camera footage exists of a child allegedly getting on a bus in downtown Nashville around the time Long disappeared, but Megabus says it’s not possible that the young man was on their last bus to Atlanta.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.

More from Midtown